Severe Driving in Santa RosaDec 13th, 2016
Owner's manuals have schedules for preventive maintenance. Santa Rosa can check on things like oil changes, transmission service and so on. They say you should change your oil after driving a certain distance or after so many months. Santa Rosa drivers understand this very well. What they may not know is that there are actually two service schedules: the regular schedule and the severe service schedule. The distance and time intervals are lower on the severe service schedule.
Now when you hear “severe service”, you may think it doesn't apply to you because you don't feel your driving conditions are severe or extreme – it's just normal everyday driving. So let's list some of the conditions that classify as severe so that Santa Rosa drivers can make the judgment on their own driving.
• Most trips are less than four miles (six kilometers)
• Most trips are less than nine miles/fifteen kilometers and outside Santa Rosa temperatures are below freezing
• You drive in very hot weather in CALIFORNIA
• Driving at low speed most of the time around the santa rosa area (under 55 mph/90 kph)
• Stop and go driving
• Operating your vehicle in dusty, polluted or muddy Santa Rosa conditions
• You tow a trailer, regularly carry heavy loads or carry a car-top carrier
Most of us Santa Rosa operate under severe driving conditions at least some of the time. How do we know which car maintenance schedule to follow?
Carefully think about your driving conditions and decide if you should do your preventive maintenance closer to the severe service recommendation or the regular recommendation. Of course, your friendly and knowledgeable Greentech Automotive can help you with your decision.
Give us a call.
910 Santa Rosa Ave
Santa Rosa, CALIFORNIA 95404
At Greentech Automotive we install quality NAPA replacement parts.